Do you ever crave something simple and quick and preferably made with chocolate? Ohio Peanut Butter and chocolate Buckeye balls should do the trick.
See here’s the recipe for how to make them.
Peanut Butter BuckeyesCourse: Sweets, Treats
28peanut butter balls
What’s better that chocolate and peanut butter? Nothing. This isn’t a hard sell recipe.
Really though, these sweet little fellas come together in just a few minutes with stuff you might already have and they keep, covered, in the fridge for up to 2 weeks!
The best part though…they’re a no bake dessert that can be made and helped with hands of all sizes. So, let’s get munchin.
What you need to make this
1 cup peanut butter smooth, 240g
5 tbsp unsalted butter 70g
2 cups powdered sugar 240g
1 tsp vanilla extract 5mL
2 cups semisweet chocolate 340g
2tbsp butter or something that will help melt the chocolate smoothly
1/8tsp salt *or use salted butter
How you make it
- Cream the peanut butter and butter together with the vanilla extract.
- Add powdered sugar and mix on low until combined. BE SURE to scrape down bowl and mix again.
- Transfer balls to a baking sheet and chill until firm. At least 30 minutes.
- Pinch off tablespoon sized pieces and roll into balls. You can also use a small melon baller to do the trick. Each ball should be about 20 grams or so.
- Add chocolate and melting medium (butter, coconut oil) to a medium bowl and melt on 50% power in the microwave. Stir to combine and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Use a skewer or toothpick to dip the peanut butter balls into the chocolate. Leave a bit of the peanut butter exposed for that signature buckeye pea look.
- Chill to allow the chocolate to firm up and enjoy. If you want to remove the holes left
Things to know
- Melt the chocolate slowly, at half power if possible, in the microwave. Take your time until it’s nice and glossy, you’ll notice.
Make sure to keep them covered in the fridge and you’ll enjoy them for a few weeks to come.